Welcome to the Downtown Miami YMCA Barre Program!
Instructor: Jessica Marcarelli
Please arrive at the YMCA at least 15 minutes prior to the start of class to make sure you’re set up and ready to go (remember, you’ll be on camera behind the scenes – lights, camera, ACTION!)
MASK ARE REQUIRED AND SOCIAL DISTANCING IS ENFORCED.
The Downtown Miami YMCA is located at:
- 200 S Biscayne Blvd, Ste 15A (directly across from Whole Foods Market and Silverspot Cinema)
- All recommended props are available in studio to borrow or you can bring your own
- Park in the Southeast Financial Center parking garage and head up to the 15th floor
- Parking is FREE for 2.5 hours with validation
- You can access the elevators on the courtyard level directly across from the MUZE Condo valet.
TUNE IN VIRTUALLY
The following props are recommended (but not required) for class. All props are optional and can easily be replaced with accessible household items listed below.
- Two SETS of weights
- Light weights (ex. Two dumbbells in 2lb – 4lb in range)
- Medium weights (ex. Two dumbbells in 5lb – 8lb in range)
*Second set is optional. Easy substitute with soup cans or salad dressing bottles
- Foam yoga block OR Pilates ball
*Easy substitute with a small throw pillow or book
- Resistance loop
*Optional use as exercise enhancements
NOTHING SAYS MOTIVATION LIKE NEW ATHLETIC WEAR!
Athleta will be giving out $15 Shop Cards* to ALL participants in the Toned for the Holidays Barre Program! In addition, they will be giving out four (4) $100 Shop Cards* to 4 VERY lucky winners!
HOW YOU CAN WIN:
- For every class you take, post on your Instagram page OR story and tag ALL of the below:
- Each post = one entry**
- The more classes you take, and the more posts you make, the more chances you have to win!
- 2 weekly classes + 1 weekly workshop = 12 chances to enter!
We’ll start by honing in on the basics and focusing on form so you can get the most out of every exercise. Expect to see some barre staples with small ranges of motion and longer isometric holds!
CLASS: SUNDAY, 11.22.2020
CLASS: WEDNESDAY, 11.25.2020
WORKSHOP – WEEK 1
Core control is important for efficient movement and mobility in everything we do. Expect to break down some common core exercises and add more oblique variations to create a stronger center.
CLASS: SUNDAY, 11.29.2020
CLASS: WEDNESDAY, 12.2.2020
WORKSHOP – WEEK 2
Push past your limits and soak up the stretch. You’ll see an extra focus on flexibility to balance out your effort. Expect strength variations that encourage your muscles to get longer and you to stand a little taller.
CLASS: SUNDAY, 12.6.2020
CLASS: WEDNESDAY, 12.9.2020
WORKSHOP – WEEK 3
You have all the tools you need to take it to the next level! Expect more dynamic exercises and total-body variations incorporated throughout. You’ll be challenged in new ways, keeping your mind and muscles guessing.
CLASS: SUNDAY, 12.13.2020
CLASS: WEDNESDAY, 12.16.2020
WORKSHOP – WEEK 4
DOWNTOWN MIAMI YMCA
200 S. BISCAYNE BLVD., SUITE 15A (TOP LEVEL OF GARAGE BUILDING)
MIAMI, FL 33131