Exciting improvements to health and wellness areas are already underway at the Pembroke Pines and Weston YMCAs to be ready for a January launch.
Renovations at the Pembroke Pines YMCA are being designed to integrate members’ workout with the latest technology, giving them the ultimate user experience. They include:
- All New Cardio Equipment on the Wellness Floor with a total of 56 Pieces of Cardio – Treadmills, Ellipticals, Rowers, Upright Bikes, Recumbent Bikes, Cross Trainers and Stepmills.
- New High-Intensity Performance Studio featuring high-intensity interval training and performance programming for small groups, and an enhanced personal training space and access to new equipment for individual workouts.
- Main Group Exercise Studio with all new equipment for group exercise classes.
The Weston YMCA has begun construction on building a new Stretch & Core Studio located upstairs near the wellness floor. It will offer dedicated space where members can work on their flexibility and core muscle strength, helping prevent injury and enhancing overall fitness levels. The studio will focus on:
- Importance of Stretching. Stretching helps with flexibility, mobility and core muscle groups.
- Professional Instruction. Healthy Living Specialists and Personal Trainers will provide instruction on proper form and technique to strengthen and improve functional movements and prevent and reduce the risk of injuries.
- Proper Equipment. Mats, balls, ballet bars, and other equipment designed to help improve your range of motion, increase circulation and calm your mind.
- Additional Ab & Back Classes. Small group instruction and sample core strength classes will be offered for those looking for ways to reduce back pain, improve posture, build core strength or create better balance.