BECOME A MEMBER. JOIN TODAY!
$12 JOIN FEE
OFFER ENDS DECEMBER 23, 2022
THE JOURNEY STARTS HERE…
Located in the Historic Sistrunk community, the new L.A. Lee YMCA/Mizell Community Center will impact more than 18,000 people per year and include a preservation of the history of the community and previous L.A. Lee YMCA.
This building is 65,000 square feet, and of that, YMCA traditional programs will be run in about 25,000 square feet. The rest will be Broward College, retail space, community meeting space, and other features available to the community.
It is a Community Center that has a Y in it, along with other programs and offerings the community told us they wanted. The new Y/Community Center provides:
- Traditional Y program offerings – exercise and wellness options, youth programs and activities, family
- Health & wellness programs – diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention
- Meeting Space that supports events from community – family reunions, group meetings, HOAs, a place to gather
- Retail space – drive economic development in the corridor and give business owners affordable space to grow business
- Preschool – to serve the community and continue the legacy of Mrs. Irma Wesley
- Broward College – bringing more direct access to post-secondary education to the neighborhood
- Shared Work Space – Heard many businesses looking for space to set up until the can get on their feet
- Black Box Theater – opportunity to bring cultural arts to the community and offer programming that the community wants to see.
- Swimming Pool – #1 Priority – teach kids to swim, provide low-impact exercise options
- And, more!
TRY THE Y. GET YOUR FREE ONE-DAY PASS!
TRY THE Y | GET A FREE ONE-DAY PASS
ONE-DAY PASS: MUST BE LOCAL RESIDENTS WHO HAVE NOT VISITED THE Y IN THE PRIOR SIX (6) MONTH. UNDER 18 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A PARENT/ GUARDIAN. ID REQUIRED.
BY PROVIDING YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION ABOVE, YOU ARE AUTHORIZING YMCA OF SOUTH FLORIDA TO CONTACT YOU.