UPDATED: APRIL 19, 2021
Miami-Dade County has modified their mask wearing policy while exercising indoors. They are continuing to require that all individuals exercising must wear a mask unless the individual cannot wear a mask or facial covering due to an existing medical condition; an individual is hearing impaired a person is actively engaged in organized sporting competitions or activities, whether indoor or outdoor; facial coverings must be put on by athletes and other individuals standing on the sidelines of sports competitions; or the individual is swimming or engaged in other activities which may cause the facial covering to become wet.
- FAMILY CENTERS
Monday – Thursday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday: 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Downtown Miami YMCA
Monday – Thursday: 5:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Friday: 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday: 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Village of Allapattah YMCA Family Center
Monday – Thursday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Monday – Thursday:
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
6:00 AM – 12:00 PM
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Saturday – Sunday:
7:00 AM -1:00 PM
Pembroke Pines YMCA Aquatic Center
Closed: Fall – Spring
Monday – Friday:
- 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- 5:00 PM – 7:30 PM
Saturday & Sunday:
- 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Your safety is our top priority. During these uncertain times, our staff team has been working diligently to prepare for your safe return to our Y facilities. We have missed you!
To ensure the safety and reduce the health risks for our staff and members as we reopen our YMCA Family Centers, the YMCA of South Florida has implemented safety protocols based on CDC, state and local government, and YMCA recommended guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE: The YMCA is following CDC recommended social distancing guidelines; therefore, we will have reduced capacity within each area of the center. At times of full capacity, you may be asked to wait or return at a later time.
**Safety protocols subject to change per local authority guidelines. Please check with your local YMCA for up-to-date protocols.
- Single entry and exit points will be maintained at all YMCA locations.
- Members and staff are required to have their temperatures taken upon entry to any YMCA facility. Anyone with a temperature 100.4 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter our buildings. Member temperatures are confidential and will not be kept on file by the YMCA.
- Masks are required when congregating in building common areas and transitioning from one part of our facilities to another.
- Please bring a mask, workout towel, and a filled bottle of water. We will not be able to store belongings at the Member Welcome Desk, in Kids Zone, nor will locker storage be available.
- Members will be asked to self-scan their Membership Card to allow for contactless entry.
- Gym Bags limited to small draw string bags only. Bags must be kept with you during your visit. Lockers in the Locker Rooms will not be available to store your personal belongings.
General Facility Updates
- Social distancing demarcation at membership desks.
- Plexiglas installed at YMCA membership desks.
- Lobby area furniture limited and distanced.
- Time in waiting areas minimized and member gatherings/congregation restricted.
- Signs and floor markers placed throughout our centers regarding physical distancing and access to various spaces within the Y.
- In-person transactional business will be limited. Transfer of credit card, membership card, cash transactions, etc. can be done through the Call Center – 954-334-9622.
- Complimentary coffee suspended until further notice.
Note: The YMCA of South Florida will follow CDC recommended social distancing guidelines, therefore, we will have reduced capacity within each area of the center. At times of full capacity, you may be asked to wait or return at a later time.
Cleaning and Signage
- Specific protocols around cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.
- Deep cleaning throughout the day.
- Member and staff equipment cleaning protocols.
- Cleaning Stations installed for staff and member use, plus signage with expectations.
- Saunas and steam rooms closed
- Members must practice social distancing and wear masks inside the locker rooms at all times
- Fitness equipment will be spaced to the extent possible.
- Cardio Equipment – use of every other piece to provide proper distancing.
- 30 minutes max on Cardio Equipment
- 60 minutes max on Wellness Floor
- Limited number of individuals on fitness floor.
- All accessories removed – equipment, bands, etc.
Classes will be phased with a reduced capacity/physical distance limitations.
- Limited class size and number of classes offered.
- Reservation system in place to attend a class – Y SFL Mobile App.
- 6 feet separation between members, capping classes at a set number based on room size.
- Avoid high fives, postural adjustments, walking the room.
- Instructors will announce distancing guidelines at the beginning of class, while reminding members to wipe down equipment before AND after use and to wash hands before and after class.
- Follow the DOTS – social distancing spaces (dots) identified on studio floors.
- Member social distancing required at all times.
- One swimmer per lap lane; 30 minute maximum lap time.
Kids Zone – Child Care
- Kids Zone is open with adjusted hours.
- Ratio of staff to children is smaller – based on age and COVID-19 guidelines.
- Infant/child care will be offered at a later date.
- Available for use – please check schedule.
- Proper spacing and distancing.
- Clean equipment after use.
- Organized / pick-up basketball is now allowed
- Eliminate non-essential physical contact and shared touched surfaces.
- Increase the use of verbal cueing or demonstrating over physical touch cues.
- Ask clients to set their own treadmill speeds and weights, and to retrieve and put away their own equipment.
- Encourage clients to bring their own towel.
- Wipe down all touched surfaces before and after use.
- 2021 Summer Camp starts June 1 (Monroe county) and June 14 (Broward & Miami-Dade counties).
- Limited enrollment/spots available. New staff to camper ratios required.
- You can register your child for YMCA Summer Camp by calling 954-334-9622 or registering them online at https://ymcasouthflorida.org/2021-summer-camp/
Other Y Programs
Please visit your local YMCA location for more details.
- Now Available: Sports Leagues, Sports Academy, Aquatics Program, Tiny Tots Enrichment & More!
For the health and safety of our members, staff and other visitors to our facility, the YMCA has implemented new safety protocols effective upon reopening of our facilities.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
Please bring a mask, workout towel and water bottle. We ask that you wear a mask whenever possible, especially in common areas where other members are present.
WHAT I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEALTH SCREENINGS?
For the safety and well-being of our staff, members and participants, everyone will be screened prior to entry into the facility and/or program site.
- All individuals will have their temperatures taken
- Entry will be denied if you have had any of the following in the last 14 days:
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of taste or smell
- Contact with anyone diagnosed or under investigation with COVID-19, or is ill with a respiratory illness
- If you are a first responder or health care worker, did you use proper PPE when exposed to COVID-19?
WHAT ELSE IS THE Y DOING TO KEEP US HEALTHY AND SAFE?
- Single Entry/Exit
- Regular Temperature Checks
- Masks for All Staff
- Member Self-Scan Check-Ins
- Designed for Social Distance
The YMCA appreciates members’ adherence to the following safety precautions during their visits.
HELP US ALL STAY SAFE
- Stay Home if You’re Sick
- Be Ready for Temperature Checks
- Keep the Kids at Home
- Bring a Mask, Towel and a Water Bottle
- Keep Your Distance
- Expect Reduced Capacity
- Remember to Wipe Down Equipment