WATER WATCHER CHALLENGE
Thursday, May 21, through Memorial Day, Monday, May 25
5 WINNERS will be chosen at random to receive a YMCA Water Safety Gift Basket with promotional items. Winners announced May 31.
- Download and Print the YMCA Water Watcher Badge. The link is in the post.
- Take the Pledge to be a Water Watcher.
- Take a photo holding your Water Watcher Badge.
- Tag and Challenge a Friend to pledge to be a Water Watcher, too.
- Tag your local YMCA and #WaterWatcher.
Click here to download your Water Watcher Badge.
Water Safety Tips
Drowning is the second leading cause of death for children ages 5 to 14, with children from communities of color at greatest risk. With National Water Safety Month in May and summer around the corner, now is a great time for parents to remember the importance equipping children with essential water safety skills. The Y offers water safety and swim lessons year-round to help reduce the risk of childhood drowning and develop a lifelong love of swimming.
Before letting your children hit the water this summer, remember these few tips to ensure it’s an enjoyable and safe experience.